Zombie Hut Restaurant

Home  /  Leonard Starks  /  Current Page
×Details

5635 Freeport Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95822
Get Directions →

The Zombie Hut Restaurant originated in 1945, at the end of World War II.  Seven years after its opening it was bought by Ed and Beatrice Hill who hired Leonard Starks in 1954 to help remodel the interiors of the restaurant.

The Zombie Hut Restaurant was known for having nightly Polynesian floor shows and served traditional Island cuisine.  Zombie Hut operated for many years with much success before closing its doors for good in 1990. The building was demolished later and a strip mall that now stands in its place includes a self-serve dog wash, nail salon and bakery at the Zombie Hut’s old address.

 

Scans via SacMod / Sacramento Bee

+Gallery
+Related
+Meta

Posted: January 18, 1954

Author:

Category: Leonard Starks

Tags: , , ,

+Comments

Leave a Reply