WM. A. Rapp Building

Home  /  E.C. Hemmings  /  Current Page
×Details

622 20th Street
Sacramento CA 95811
Get Directions →

William A. Rapp was the owner and proprietor of William A. Rapp & Company, manufacturers of fine window shades; he first established his business in 1917.  It is purported that during the first six years he was in operation he had to move three times in order to get sufficient space for his rapidly increasing business. One of those moves brought him into association with Hemmings and Starks who designed for him an office and warehouse production building in downtown Sacramento in 1924. Proximity to the railroad was most likely the reason the site was selected for Mr. Rapp’s new building.  The products of the William A. Rapp Company were sent as far east as Montana and also shipped to Honolulu and far north in Oregon and Washington. Currently a local architecture firm now resides in the building which since first being built has been thoroughly remodeled and added onto since its original construction.

 

+Gallery
+Related
+Meta

Posted: January 1, 1924

Author:

Category: E.C. Hemmings, Leonard Starks

Tags: , ,

+Comments

Leave a Reply