University of California Davis- Shields Library & Administration Building

Home  /  Leonard Starks  /  Current Page
×Details

100 West Quad Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Get Directions →

Originally built for the College of Agriculture by Starks & Flanders under the direction of William Hays, who was the supervising architect for the Davis campus at the time. Shields Library & Administration Building was built in three parts starting in the year 1940, when the oldest north wing was built. Starks and Flanders were the architects of this first wing. Today the library contains 3.2 million volumes, making it the largest library in Yolo County and the third largest in the University of California system.

 

+Gallery
+Related
+Meta

Posted: January 13, 1940

Author:

Category: Leonard Starks

Tags: , ,

+Comments

Leave a Reply