Mexican Community Center Hall

Home  /  Leonard Starks  /  Current Page
×Details

2216 6th Street
Sacramento CA 95818
Get Directions →

Leonard Starks was commissioned in 1948 to design the Mexican Center Hall in the South Side Park neighborhood of Sacramento.The building is done in the Spanish Mission style Mr. Starks was so prominently known for. Featuring a distinct  terracotta tile roof and painted in a light tan the building, although with many additions and alterations, remains a fixture of the South Side Park Neighborhood.

At one time the memorial statue of a Hispanic-American veteran was present in the court yard but after the center was sold it was moved. The statue now sits on Capitol Mall between 10th Street and L streets on the grounds of the California State Transportation Agency (915 Capitol Mall).

This campus is now associated with the Tenrikyo Churches and Fellowships in the America and Canada Diocese and is named Tenrikyo High Sacramento Church.

Historical photo appears courtesy of Center for Sacramento History.

+Gallery
+Meta

Posted: January 1, 1948

Author:

Category: Leonard Starks

Tags: , , ,

+Comments

Leave a Reply